Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Brian Bockelman <bb...@cse.unl.edu> on 2008/12/16 16:05:02 UTC

docs/cn/hdfs_design.pdf causing problems on Mac OS X

Hey,

Does anyone else check out the code on Mac OS X?  I noticed that docs/
cn/hdfs_design.pdf causes the Spotlight daemon which does the
automatic indexing to peg at 100% CPU.  Also, when I try to open the
file, the PDF viewer is unable to render things in a reasonable amount
of time (the 90k file takes minutes).

There doesn't seem to be a problem with Chinese characters in general,
just that particular Hadoop file.

Does anyone else see the same thing?  Am I going crazy?

Brian

Re: docs/cn/hdfs_design.pdf causing problems on Mac OS X

Posted by Yongqiang He <he...@software.ict.ac.cn>.
I tried on my mac, the same thing happened, and the PDF viewer occupied more
than 92% cpu.