Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org> on 2005/11/14 22:04:55 UTC

ApahceCon is T-26 days (or there abouts) thoughts about branching?

We're getting fairly close to the time where Turkey's will dominate the week and
  then soon thereafter folks will converge on San Diego California for ApacheCon.

Here is the working list of content and the status as best I can tell:

  - More console work
	Look and feel upgrades added.  Aaaron and Joe are continuing this effort.
  - Remote deployment
	Aaron has been working on this
  - Hot deploy directory
	I think this is done (tested ?)
  - Bundled JavaMail with SMTP support
	Hmmm...Geir was working this one I think
  - Separate Jetty and Tomcat ZIP/TAR distributions
	Jencks the maestro was working this one
  - A working installer distribution
	Jencks and Erik were looking at this
  - Bug fixes
	Not sure of the exact list.  I've been crawling through JIRAs and attacking the
low hanging fruit
  - Unplanned but cool additions
	Jeff has been working on the Tomcat Clustering Gbeans and David was doing some
initial testing.

Not sure about the timing.  Looks like we'll make ApacheCon based on current
course and speed.  What's the right time to branch so we stabilize 1.0.  I
expect there are some other items continuing in development.  My gut says we
should branch no later than sometime next week and start TCK testing with the
GBuild environment Blevins has been working on.

Thoughts?

Matt

Re: ApahceCon is T-26 days (or there abouts) thoughts about branching?

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.
Yep, thats what I got.

sachin

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.
Aaron Mulder wrote:

> Anyway, on your list, hot deploy directory is done, but it would be
> nice if people could test it and make sure there aren't any issues.
> And I haven't actually been working on remote deployment yet, though I
> still mean to.  :)

Just did a quick smoke test of the hot deploy.  Looks good.  However
when I ran a scenario where if I dropped in a war without
an embedded plan, the deploy was successful, but when deleting the file
to trigger an undeploy the following
exception occurred....

17:40:06,506 ERROR [DirectoryHotDeployer] Unable to undeploy
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.cli.DeployUtils.identifyTargetModuleIDs(DeployUtils.java:113)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.hot.DirectoryHotDeployer.fileUpdated(DirectoryHotDeployer.java:215)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.hot.DirectoryMonitor.scanDirectory(DirectoryMonitor.java:200)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.hot.DirectoryMonitor.run(DirectoryMonitor.java:140)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:552)

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.
I wouldn't mind TCK testing what we've got as soon as David J has the
Tomcat/Jetty distros ready and calling it 1.0-RC1 if we can finish the
TCK in the next week or so.

On a side note, it still feels like there are some significant bugs
out there, though I haven't reviewed the list.  Can you send a list of
what looks like outstanding bugs for 1.0?

Could we get Alan to bless the state of security for 1.0?  I'm not
thinking of anything in particular, I just want to make sure he
doesn't have anything left to do.

Also, it would be nice if the client container could run remotely.  I
think David J said there wasn't a ton of work for this but it wasn't a
real high priority either.  Maybe if someone's sitting around bored
they could look at it?