Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by bhavik shah <bh...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/25 19:34:56 UTC

regarding tomcat port no

Hi,
in my system we installed the tomcat on unix system which can be used
through different port I forget those port no........How should I know which
port no is excesssing tomcat
thanks
bhavik

Re: regarding tomcat port no

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.
Use netstat to see what ports are open for listening. Versions vary, but
I use netstat -tlnp .

 The option definitions for Mandriva Linux are:
-t = tcp connections
-l = listening ports
-n = numeric only (don't lookup domain and service names)
-p = show what process is attached to the port

-David

RE: regarding tomcat port no

Posted by Richard Mixon <rn...@qwest.net>.
Typically one would look in the Connector statement in your
<TOMCAT_HOME>/conf/server.xml file. For Tomcat 5.5.15 it is something
similar to:

               connectionTimeout="20000" disableUploadTimeout="true" />

In this case you could access Tomcat on port 8080 - i.e.
http://localhost:8080/

HTH - Richard

Posted by Kasim <mi...@gmail.com>.
Default port it uses 8080 .In order to change your tomcat port setting you
have to modify in server.xml which reside at <tomcat home directory>/conf
Change the port no there and save it and restart the tomcat server.After
restarting the server new port is going to be used
Default port for http request is 80 so better to set that port provided
other services (http) is not using it