Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Charles Gregory <cg...@hwcn.org> on 2009/10/15 19:48:14 UTC

Re: [sa] sneaky pharma spam shooting past standard rules

Ah, the old SPAN trick. I haven't seen it, so I imagine my old code is
still catching them..... LOL

The key to this trick is the spammer tries to insert 'invisible' text.
Either very small font size, as in your example, or colors that match the
background, or both, so that the intended wording merely appears a little
'gappy' to the human eye. Also watch for use of the style 'visibility'
attribute with either DIV or SPAN. Usually appears in the same 'batch' of
spams.... :)

- Charles

Posted by John Hardin <jh...@impsec.org>.
On Thu, 15 Oct 2009, Charles Gregory wrote:

> Ah, the old SPAN trick. I haven't seen it, so I imagine my old code is
> still catching them..... LOL

None of the existing FLOAT rules caught these.

   W-w-w-w-w-where did he learn to n-n-negotiate like that?
  14 days since a sunspot last seen - EPA blames CO2 emissions