Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by franck102 <fr...@yahoo.com> on 2017/08/14 11:36:10 UTC

Centralized configuration management

Hi all,

I am trying to design a controller that will be responsible for managing the
cache configuration of all nodes in a cluster. Having read this in the docs:

"All caches defined in Ignite Spring XML configuration on any cluster member
will also be automatically created and deployed on all the cluster servers
(no need to specify the same configuration on each cluster member)."...

I am thinking of having that controller start a client node and join the
cluster. This raises a few questions though:

- If I update the configuration on the controller, can I manually trigger a
re-deployment to all nodes?
- on configuration changes I can re-create the client node and have it
re-join the cluster: will that trigger a re-deployment of the controller's
cache configuration? Or will that trigger an error because two different
cnofigurations exist for the same cache?
- If that is what it takes, is there any node-2-node or REST API I can use
to restart each node in the cluster?

Any other suggestion to design a configuration manager that can control the
cache configuration for an entire cluster is welcome... thanks!

Franck

Re: Centralized configuration management

Posted by franck102 <fr...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Alex!

Re: Centralized configuration management

Posted by afedotov <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Yes, GetOrCreateCache should do the thing in this case.

Kind regards,
Alex.

Posted by afedotov <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

There is no option to update the configuration of an existing cache. As
well, you cannot create two caches with the same name but different
configurations.
So, as you've correctly suggested, to achieve this, you need first to
destroy a cache and then start a new one with the updated configuration.
When you destroy or create a cache from a client node, there generally no
need to have/propagate the configuration manually to remote nodes.
On join/restart, a node will find out the caches configured in the cluster
and all the required routines will take place.

Kind regards,
Alex.