Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by MONTEUX Eric <er...@criltechnology.com> on 2005/05/26 17:19:14 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache custom module & logging...

Hello.

I need to create an apache module under Linux, but I am experiencing problems to debug it, since I get get my logging informations.

Being a newby in apache module development, I have a segmentation fault message in the apache error log, each time I send a post request to my module.

I try to log messages (using printf & fflush) in my code, espacially within my module (named sit) mod_sit_method_handler, but I can't see any of them once apache started.

On the opposite side, it works well for methods like mod_sit_register_hooks, called on the init phase of apache.

Does Apache redirect stdout somewhere else ?

What can I do to debug my module ?

How can I use debuggers to solve my segmentation fault problem (Kdbg is installed on my machine) ?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Eric.