Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Ted Tuttle <te...@mentacapital.com> on 2016/04/20 16:30:33 UTC

zero data locality

Hello-

We just upgraded to HBase 1.2.  After the upgrade I see Data Locality is precisely zero for all regions of all regions servers.

See screenshot here: https://snag.gy/2r3CSl

This seems unlikely as I can see many major compactions of regions have occurred since our upgrade.

Any ideas what is wrong with status page?

A related question: post-upgrade we enabled HDFS short-circuit.  Is there a log signature I can search for to verify we've configured this correctly?

Thanks,
Ted

Re: zero data locality

Posted by Saad Mufti <sa...@gmail.com>.
This is from just one region server right? are you sure it is co-located
with an HDFS data node after your upgrade?

I imagine that is pretty obvious thing to check but the only thing I can
think of.

----
Saad