Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Todd Simons <ts...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/18 22:43:53 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache 2.2 MOD_PROXY to Weblogic 12.1.3

Hello All

We have been using MOD_PROXY to reverse proxy Weblogic 8, 10, 11 and
12.1.1.   Recently we started working with Weblogic 12.1.3 and we're having
authentication problems

We have compared all setting side by side with WL 12.1.1 and found no
differences in config.

When running the re-write, unauthenticated traffic works just fine.   As an
example, we setup a proxypass/proxypassreverse for the weblogic console
http://BackendHostname:7001/console  =  https://ApacheFrontEnd/console

We see the login page just fine, but when trying to authenticate, we
receive a "Authentication Denied" when trying to login via apache.

Has anyone seen this before?   All googling returns back references to
Oracle's MOD_WL / mod_weblogic.c   which I'd rather not switch to.   We
have 75+ Weblogic domains paired with apache virtual sites with mod_proxy
working just fine

Thanks!!
~Todd