Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Eric Lalonde <er...@autonomic.ai> on 2019/12/02 21:31:30 UTC

Re: [VOTE] 2.4.0 RC2

Hi all,

I ran the following:

$ git clone https://github.com/elalonde/kafka <https://github.com/elalonde/kafka>
$ ./kafka/bin/verifykafka-rc.sh 2.4.0 https://home.apache.org/~manikumar/kafka-2.4.0-rc2 <https://home.apache.org/~manikumar/kafka-2.4.0-rc2>

- All sha1, sha256 and md5 sums look good
- pgp signatures look good
- unit tests pass
- Integration tests pass with the following issue:

<=------------> 12% EXECUTING [30m 21s]
<=------------> 12% EXECUTING [30m 22s]mpleted, 16 skipped
<=------------> 12% EXECUTING [30m 27s]
> IDLE
> IDLE
> IDLE
> :core:integrationTest > Executing test kafka.api.AuthorizerIntegrationTest
> IDLE
> IDLE

After 30 minutes the above test had not finished, seemed stalled, so I cancelled it. LMK if I am overly impatient.

Re: [VOTE] 2.4.0 RC2

Posted by John Roesler <vv...@apache.org>.
Hi Manikumar,

I've just resolved https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-9231 . Sorry for the hold-up.

Thanks,
-John

Re: [VOTE] 2.4.0 RC2

Posted by Manikumar <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

We merged all the blockers and released a new release candidate RC3.
Hopefully this will be a final RC for 2.4 release.

Thanks,

Re: [VOTE] 2.4.0 RC2

Posted by Manikumar <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Re: [VOTE] 2.4.0 RC2

Posted by Israel Ekpo <is...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] 2.4.0 RC2

Posted by Israel Ekpo <is...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] 2.4.0 RC2

Posted by Randall Hauch <rh...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] 2.4.0 RC2

Posted by Randall Hauch <rh...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] 2.4.0 RC2

Posted by Eric Lalonde <er...@autonomic.ai>.

Re: [VOTE] 2.4.0 RC2

Posted by Eric Lalonde <er...@autonomic.ai>.

Re: [VOTE] 2.4.0 RC2

Posted by Israel Ekpo <is...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Eric for sharing this test script. It simplifies the process for me.

https://github.com/elalonde/kafka/blob/master/bin/verify-kafka-rc.sh

I am in the process of setting up my local environment to start running the
tests on 2.4.0 RC2 as well and I noticed the following artifacts are being
validated

   - RELEASE_NOTES.html
   - kafka-$VERSION-src.tgz
   - kafka_2.11-$VERSION-site-docs.tgz
   - kafka_2.11-$VERSION.tgz
   - kafka_2.12-$VERSION-site-docs.tgz
   - kafka_2.12-$VERSION.tgz

It looks like the Scala 2.13 artifacts were accidentally left out of the
validation sequence.

KAFKA-7197 added support for Scala 2.13, so those artifacts should be
validated as well in the automation script.

These two artifacts* (kafka_2.13-2.4.0.tgz and
kafka_2.13-2.4.0-site-docs.tgz)* were not included in the loop on line 79
and 89, where the gpg signatures and checksums are verified for validity
https://github.com/elalonde/kafka/blob/master/bin/verify-kafka-rc.sh#L79

I have adjusted my version to add these two artifacts to the checks

RELEASE_NOTES.html
kafka-$VERSION-src.tgz
kafka_2.11-$VERSION-site-docs.tgz
kafka_2.11-$VERSION.tgz
kafka_2.12-$VERSION-site-docs.tgz
kafka_2.12-$VERSION.tgz

*kafka_2.13-$VERSION-site-docs.tgzkafka_2.13-$VERSION.tgz*

I have also shared a pull request for the changes I have made to the test
script

https://github.com/elalonde/kafka/pull/2

Sincerely,
Israel

Re: [VOTE] 2.4.0 RC2

Posted by Israel Ekpo <is...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] 2.4.0 RC2

Posted by Manikumar <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: [VOTE] 2.4.0 RC2

Posted by Christopher Egerton <ch...@confluent.io>.
Hi all,

I'd like to submit https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-9258 for
blocker consideration. This issue affects the Connect framework and causes
a 500 error to be thrown from the REST API when restarting a task that has
failed during startup, even after the connector has been reconfigured. This
is a regression and does not occur in any versions of Connect prior to 2.4
release candidates. There is a PR already opened for this issue that I've
tested and verified so we should be able to merge quickly if this is
approved as a blocker.

Cheers,

Chris

Re: [VOTE] 2.4.0 RC2