Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by "Marco A.G.Pinto" <ma...@mail.telepac.pt> on 2012/05/13 19:02:02 UTC

"Change Case" feature

Hi!

I have installed AOO 3.4 and it doesn't have the same feature as M$
Office 2010 where there is an icon to change the case of words:
   - lower case
   - upper case
   - capitalise each word
   - toggle case

This is very useful.

Can it be added in the next update?

Thanks!

Kind regards,
        -----------------------

Re: "Change Case" feature

Posted by RGB ES <rg...@gmail.com>.
2012/5/13 Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>:
> On Sun, 13 May 2012 18:02:02 +0100
> "Marco A.G.Pinto" <ma...@mail.telepac.pt> wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I have installed AOO 3.4 and it doesn't have the same feature as M$
>> Office 2010 where there is an icon to change the case of words:
>>    - lower case
>>    - upper case
>>    - capitalise each word
>>    - toggle case
>>
>> This is very useful.
>>
>> Can it be added in the next update?
>

> There is a /Format /Case facility available.  You may possibly be able to customise a toolbar to add a button or buttons for this.

Those options are also available or right click over selection.

Re: "Change Case" feature

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Sun, 13 May 2012 18:02:02 +0100
"Marco A.G.Pinto" <ma...@mail.telepac.pt> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have installed AOO 3.4 and it doesn't have the same feature as M$
> Office 2010 where there is an icon to change the case of words:
>    - lower case
>    - upper case
>    - capitalise each word
>    - toggle case
>
> This is very useful.
>
> Can it be added in the next update?

There is a /Format /Case facility available.  You may possibly be able to customise a toolbar to add a button or buttons for this.

Remember that there needs to be a reasonable limit on the number of standard toolbar button, or any program becomes too cumbersome.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: "Change Case" feature

Posted by Torokhov Sergey <to...@mail.ru>.
On Sunday 13 of May 2012 18:02:02 Marco A.G.Pinto wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have installed AOO 3.4 and it doesn't have the same feature as M$
> Office 2010 where there is an icon to change the case of words:
>    - lower case
>    - upper case
>    - capitalise each word
>    - toggle case
>
> This is very useful.
>
> Can it be added in the next update?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Kind regards,
>
>  >Marco A.G.Pinto

> --

You also can assign a keyboard shortcut for this action:

menu "Tools" -> "Customize" -> tab "Keyboard" -> "Category" filed ->
"OpenOffice.org Macros" - "share" -> capitalize.bsh.

Now in the field "Shortcut keys" choose "Shift+F3" (for example) and press
"Modify" button and then "OK"
Now "Shift+F3" is associated to change case of selected text