Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Stack <st...@duboce.net> on 2017/08/07 15:12:13 UTC

hbaseconasia2017 slides and a few phtotos

We had a nice day out in Shenzhen at HBaseCon Asia last friday [0] (August
4th). There were a bunch of great talks [1] by the likes of jd.com, huawei,
xiaomi, alibaba and others. Those given in Chinese had best attendance. A
good few folks graciously had slides in English for the language-dumb (like
myself) while their talk native.

A couple of hbase-as-a-service in the cloud are coming down the pipe, a few
presenters talked about being at current scale limits, China Life keeps all
data as JSON in hbase instances, and there was an interesting talk on
upping utilization by deploying hbase with kubernetes (>1 container per
node).

Best quote: "HBase is just a kid--it is only ten years old" from our Yu Li
talking about interesting write speedups coming from Alibaba arguing there
are many more speedups to be had.

I attached a few pictures. I'll put up more after I fixup the hbasecon home
page and redirect later.

The day after, the 5th, there was a dev meetup at the Huawei office; notes
to follow.

Thanks again to the program committee, the sponsors, and to our gracious
host Huawei. Jieshan in particular did an amazing job running the show
taking care of speakers.

St.Ack
0.  Click on 'view details' on the right hand side of this page for agenda
(eventbrite won't show the event page at the end of the link
post-the-event): https://www.eventbrite.com/e/hbasecon-asia-2017-
tickets-34935546159#
1. Slides up on slideshare: https://www.slideshare.net/
search/slideshow?searchfrom=header&q=hbaseconasia2017&ud=
any&ft=all&lang=en&sort=
<https://www.slideshare.net/search/slideshow?searchfrom=header&q=hbaseconasia2017&ud=any&ft=all&lang=en&sort=>
​
 _YP99027.JPG
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4a3E58mCyOfTzZubXdMdWlpRGs/view?usp=drive_web>
​
The program committee taking questions at the end of the day....
​
 _YP99181.JPG
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4a3E58mCyOfN1RNM2pmM1d1SlE/view?usp=drive_web>
​​​​​
This one is of all the speakers....
​
 _YP99193.JPG
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4a3E58mCyOfa0R4cWNNUW5UQ2M/view?usp=drive_web>
​

Re: hbaseconasia2017 slides and a few phtotos

Posted by Anoop John <an...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the write up Stack.

Thanks Huawei and all sponsors and specially to Jieshan.  Few months
back, such a conference was just a dream and it is mainly because of
him this could happen.  Hope we can continue this HBaseconAsia.

-Anoop-

Posted by Anoop John <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bijieshan <bi...@huawei.com>.

Posted by Bijieshan <bi...@huawei.com>.