Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Stadelmann Josef <jo...@winterthur.ch> on 2007/03/19 10:03:59 UTC

[AXIS2] PocketSOAP or ASP.NET & Visual Studio.NET to connect to an AXIS2 Web-Service

Hi all,

I would like your thoughts and know about your experiences on the following subject matters and approach.

We have an Axis2 1.1 running and use Java clients based on the userguide SOAPClient example.

Such a clients should now migrated away from Java to a Microsoft Environment.

We have done some basic tests using Visaul Basic 6.0 and PocketSOAP. So far we are unable to talk to axis2 1.1 by PocketSOAP,
maybe we do something wrong, which is possible in absence of richt documentation, or documentation adressing the specific needs
of a PocketSOAP VB Client talking to an Axis2 1.1 web-service.

So we aim at considering a move to and an introduction of Visual Studio.NET and ASP.NET to get a client able to talk to axis2 1.1

For Both PocketSOAP & VB 6.0 as well as Visual Studio.NET + ASP.NET we would like to have your experiences.

What is the better choice / approach to develope a client talking to an axis2 web services and passing an OM Element?

Thank's for any hints and guidelines
Josef

Re: [AXIS2] PocketSOAP or ASP.NET & Visual Studio.NET to connect to an AXIS2 Web-Service

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Josef

I can't comment on PocketSoap development, but I can say that all the
Axis2 features are based on pure open standards from W3C and OASIS,
and tested for interoperability.

Paul

On 3/26/07, Stadelmann Josef <jo...@winterthur.ch> wrote:
> Paul,
>
> Thank you for your tip with TCPmon. my PockeSOAP VB Client talks now
> to the Axis2 MyService5 Service; from VB6 to Java Axis2 Web-Services!
>
> However I have the following long-term-concerns!
>
> {-- extract/posted at/from
>         http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/pocketsoap/message/4812
>
> Axis2 is a very flexibel Message Processing Engine and has the
> concept of modules to extend functionality not directly belonging to
> the application code in client and service.
>
> i.e Endpoint-References / Modells should be configurable
> i.e. encryption and decryption should be added at configuration time.
> i.e. Authentication as well
>
> Are there any plans to enhance PocketSOAP to support part of the same
> existing or under development standing modules which Axis2 supports
> today?
>
> I have managed to add the proper SOAP-HEADERS and re-use the SOAP-ENV
> returned from the service to conform to WS-ADDRESSING, and hence can
> talk in scope=soapsession from VB-Client to Java-Axis2-Services
> statefule using a ServiceGroupContext (-ID).
>
> The same Java-Axis2-Service is used from Java-based-client-code as
> well as from VB-based-client-code.
>
> So I would like to see how one can snap-in, register, configure in a
> xml file and have PocketSOAP-Clients engage i.e. WS-ADDRESSING in
> order to overcome the burden of adding soap-headers through client
> code.
>
> I am interessed about the future development of PocketSOAP
>
> Regards
>
> Josef
> --}

Paul Fremantle

http://bloglines.com/blog/paulfremantle
paul@wso2.com

AW: [AXIS2] PocketSOAP or ASP.NET & Visual Studio.NET to connect to an AXIS2 Web-Service

Posted by Stadelmann Josef <jo...@winterthur.ch>.
Hi Paul,
Hi anybody knowing PocketSOAP and ws-addressing!

I give you 3 requests/replies pairs. the first request/reply pair is from my well
working SOAPClient.java calling start at http://localhost:8080/axis2/serivises/MyService5

the second pair is a request/reply from a half way-finished PocketSOAP-Client to the same EPR.

the third pair is a request/reply with an expected fault in the reply due to a missing wsa-header-part

The questions was asked at the yahoo-group for pocketsoap:
Is ws-addressing somehow supported, and how can I add nested headers such as wsa:ReplyTo for MessageID and Action
headers.

The working Java request / reply

POST /axis2/services/MyService5 HTTP/1.1
SOAPAction: "urn:start"

291
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
   <soapenv:Envelope xmlns:wsa="http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing" xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
      <soapenv:Header>
         <wsa:To>http://localhost:9090/axis2/services/MyService5</wsa:To>
         <wsa:ReplyTo>
            <wsa:Address>http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing/anonymous</wsa:Address>
         </wsa:ReplyTo>
         <wsa:MessageID>urn:uuid:8DF85ED2DE36FE1C1411744625634681</wsa:MessageID>
         <wsa:Action>urn:start</wsa:Action>
      </soapenv:Header>
      <soapenv:Body>
         <example5:start xmlns:example5="http://example15.org/example5">
            <example5:Text>Axis2 'SOAPSession' Start-String</example5:Text>
         </example5:start>
      </soapenv:Body>
   </soapenv:Envelope>

is answered by the server

4fe
         <wsa:To>http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing/anonymous</wsa:To>
         <wsa:ReplyTo>
            <wsa:Address>http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing/anonymous</wsa:Address>
            <wsa:ReferenceParameters>
               <axis2:ServiceGroupId xmlns:axis2="http://ws.apache.org/namespaces/axis2">urn:uuid:DEECE2BACEA247F25B1174462563889506</axis2:ServiceGroupId>
            </wsa:ReferenceParameters>
         </wsa:ReplyTo>
         <wsa:MessageID>urn:uuid:DEECE2BACEA247F25B1174462563889507</wsa:MessageID>
         <wsa:Action>urn:start</wsa:Action>
         <wsa:RelatesTo wsa:RelationshipType="http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing/reply">urn:uuid:8DF85ED2DE36FE1C1411744625634681</wsa:RelatesTo>
      </soapenv:Header>
      <soapenv:Body>
         <ws:root xmlns:tns="http://example5.userguide" xmlns:ws="workspace" xmlns:f="feld">Wed Mar 21 08:36:03 CET 2007
            <ws:in>
               <f:yuck0>blah0</f:yuck0>
            </ws:in>
            <ws:old>
               <f:yuck1>blah1</f:yuck1>
            </ws:old>
            <ws:out>
               <f:SessionContext>org.apache.axis2.context.SessionContext@112bc7b</f:SessionContext>
               <f:sessionCreated>Wed Mar 21 08:36:03 CET 2007</f:sessionCreated>
               <f:sessionAccessed>Wed Mar 21 08:36:03 CET 2007</f:sessionAccessed>
            </ws:out>
         </ws:root>
      </soapenv:Body>
   </soapenv:Envelope>

my working VB6 / PocketSOAP to Axis2 Web-Service is

POST /axis2/services/MyService5 HTTP/1.1
Host: 127.0.0.1:9090
Accept-Charset: UTF-8, UTF-16;q=0.8, iso-8859-1;q=0.8
Accept-Encoding: deflate, gzip

<S:Envelope	xmlns:S="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
	xmlns:XS="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
	xmlns:XI="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
	xmlns:a="http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing">
   <S:Body>
      <a:start>
         <inputString XI:type="XS:string">Hello World</inputString>
      </a:start>
   </S:Body></S:Envelope>

is answered by the server with
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1
Set-Cookie: JSESSIONID=182AA5F1C7F6588F17296FBFD7A7B428; Path=/axis2
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 09:13:00 GMT

265
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
      <soapenv:Header />
      <soapenv:Body>
         <ws:root xmlns:tns="http://example5.userguide" xmlns:ws="workspace" xmlns:f="feld">Wed Mar 21 10:13:00 CET 2007
            <ws:in>
               <f:yuck0>blah0</f:yuck0>
            </ws:in>
            <ws:old>
               <f:yuck1>blah1</f:yuck1>
            </ws:old>
            <ws:out>
               <f:SessionContext>org.apache.axis2.context.SessionContext@929ba3</f:SessionContext>
               <f:sessionCreated>Wed Mar 21 10:13:00 CET 2007</f:sessionCreated>
               <f:sessionAccessed>Wed Mar 21 10:13:00 CET 2007</f:sessionAccessed>
            </ws:out>
         </ws:root>
      </soapenv:Body>
   </soapenv:Envelope>
0

But with this initial reply I can not go into scope=soapsession

So I am about to add ws-addressing headers by hand and fall short because I do not know how to add nested-headers using PocketSOAP

my VB6 not-yet-ready PockeSOAP request is

POST /axis2/services/MyService5 HTTP/1.1
Host: 127.0.0.1:9090
Accept-Charset: UTF-8, UTF-16;q=0.8, iso-8859-1;q=0.8
Accept-Encoding: deflate, gzip

<S:Envelope	xmlns:S="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
	xmlns:XS="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
	xmlns:XI="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
	xmlns:a="http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing">
   <S:Header>
      <a:To XI:type="XS:string">http://localhost:9090/axis2/services/MyService5</a:To>
   </S:Header>
   <S:Body>
      <a:start>
         <inputString XI:type="XS:string">Hello World</inputString>
      </a:start>
   </S:Body></S:Envelope>

gets the following reply and makes the PocketSOAP parser fail

HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1
Set-Cookie: JSESSIONID=EE14D0F9E4ED6921A2402A6C5EE2E27E; Path=/axis2
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 09:13:43 GMT
Connection: close

e3f
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
   <soapenv:Envelope xmlns:wsa="http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing" xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
      <soapenv:Header>
         <wsa:ReplyTo>
            <wsa:Address>http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing/none</wsa:Address>
         </wsa:ReplyTo>
         <wsa:MessageID>urn:uuid:DEECE2BACEA247F25B1174468423161520</wsa:MessageID>
         <wsa:Action>http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing/fault</wsa:Action>
         <wsa:FaultDetail>
            <wsa:ProblemHeaderQName>wsa:Action</wsa:ProblemHeaderQName>
         </wsa:FaultDetail>
      </soapenv:Header>
      <soapenv:Body>
         <soapenv:Fault>
            <faultcode>wsa:MessageAddressingHeaderRequired</faultcode>
            <faultstring>A required header representing a Message Addressing Property is not present</faultstring>
            <detail>
               <Exception>org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: A required header representing a Message Addressing Property is not present&#xd;	at org.apache.axis2.addressing.AddressingFaultsHelper.triggerAddressingFault(AddressingFaultsHelper.java:150)&#xd;	at org.apache.axis2.addressing.AddressingFaultsHelper.triggerMessageAddressingRequiredFault(AddressingFaultsHelper.java:117)&#xd;	at org.apache.axis2.handlers.addressing.AddressingFinalInHandler.checkForMandatoryHeaders(AddressingFinalInHandler.java:60)&#xd;	at org.apache.axis2.handlers.addressing.AddressingInHandler.extractAddressingInformation(AddressingInHandler.java:173)&#xd;	at org.apache.axis2.handlers.addressing.AddressingInHandler.invoke(AddressingInHandler.java:95)&#xd;	at org.apache.axis2.engine.Phase.invoke(Phase.java:381)&#xd;	at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.invoke(AxisEngine.java:518)&#xd;	at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.receive(AxisEngine.java:483)&#xd;	at org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPTransportUtils.processHTTPPostRequest(HTTPTransportUtils.java:319)&#xd;	at org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(AxisServlet.java:247)&#xd;	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:709)&#xd;	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)&#xd;	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)&#xd;	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)&#xd;	at org.netbeans.modules.web.monitor.server.MonitorFilter.doFilter(MonitorFilter.java:368)&#xd;	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)&#xd;	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)&#xd;	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)&#xd;	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)&#xd;	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)&#xd;	at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)&#xd;	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)&#xd;	at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)&#xd;	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:869)&#xd;	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:664)&#xd;	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)&#xd;	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)&#xd;	at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)&#xd;	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)&#xd;</Exception>
            </detail>
         </soapenv:Fault>
      </soapenv:Body>
   </soapenv:Envelope>
0

The fault happens because I am not finsihed yet adding all required ws-addressing headers manually
and in fact I dont know now how to add nested headers with PocketSOAP. So the fault was expected.

The question I have for the PocketSOAP VB Client developers is:

How to add the <wsa:ReplyTo> header containing 2 nodes <was:MessageID> and <wsa:Action> using the PocketSOAP Toolkit.

Thanks to anybody helping to close my gap between the PocketSOAP / Visual Basic and the Java / Axis2 world.

Josef

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Josef