Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Keith Bacon <ke...@yahoo.com> on 2001/12/19 11:15:16 UTC

RE: Help with bean:write\bean:define whn property requires an arg umen t

I'm sure you can only pass args in scripting code
<% String bankst = customerResults.getBanks(bankCode)
%>
<bean:write name="banks" />

I curious why you can't add a method to your action
class that makes this unnecessary in the jsp?

Keith.

--- "Strichartz, Beth" <BS...@sovereignbank.com>

RE: Cannot find ActionMappings or ActionFormBeans collection

Posted by Tom Watkins <to...@shazamteam.com>.
I have an .ear file that I am deploying in an instance of JBoss on Windows
2k without any problems.
However, when I deploy the same .ear file on JBoss on my NT machine, one of
the struts jsp pages will no load.
The error I get is "Cannot find ActionMappings or ActionFormBeans
collection".

I have looked through the archives which suggest a badly formed struts
config file but this is not the case.
I have cleared the work directory in tomcat and the tmp/deploy/default
subdirectories.
The 2 versions of JBoss are identical and I cannot work out why this error
is occuring.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this is happening?
Below is the full browser stack trace.

Thanks

Tom

Error: 500
Location: /trial/feedback.jsp
Internal Servlet Error:

javax.servlet.ServletException: Cannot find ActionMappings or
ActionFormBeans collection
	at
l.java:459)
	at
_0002ffeedback_0002ejspfeedback_jsp_0._jspService(_0002ffeedback_0002ejspfee
dback_jsp_0.java:356)
	at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:119)
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspCountedServlet.service(JspServlet.ja
va:130)
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.ja
va:282)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:429)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:500)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:405)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:372)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java:81
2)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:758)
	at
onnectionHandler.java:213)
	at
	at
org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:501)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Root cause:
javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Cannot find ActionMappings or
ActionFormBeans collection
	at org.apache.struts.taglib.html.FormTag.lookup(FormTag.java:773)
	at org.apache.struts.taglib.html.FormTag.doStartTag(FormTag.java:481)
	at
_0002ffeedback_0002ejspfeedback_jsp_0._jspService(_0002ffeedback_0002ejspfee
dback_jsp_0.java:80)