Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Arvid Heise <ar...@ververica.com> on 2020/10/02 09:45:11 UTC

Re: SocketException: Too many open files

Hi Sateesh,

my suspicion would be that your custom Sink Function is leaking connections
(which also count for the file limit). Is there a reason that you cannot
use the ES connector of Flink?

I might have more ideas when you share your sink function.

Best,

Arvid

On Sun, Sep 27, 2020 at 7:16 PM mars <sk...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  I am using 1.10.0 version of Flink on EMR.
>
>  I am not using the Default Flink Sink. I have a Sink Function on the
> Stream
> and with in the invoke function i am creating a Data Structure (VO) and
> putting it in the Map.
>
>  The EMR Step function i am running is. a Spring based FLink Job and i have
> a scheduler which runs every min and looks for items in the Map and
> generates JSON based in the VO from the Map and send it to Elastic Search
> and removes it from the HashMap once it is sent to ES successfully.
>
>  I am using M5.2x large for worker nodes and M5.4xlarge for Master Node
>
>  I have set the ulimit to 500K for all users (*) . Both soft and hard limit
> on Master and worker nodes.
>
>  Thanks again for your response.
>
> Sateesh
>

> --
> Sent from:

Arvid Heise | Senior Java Developer

<https://www.ververica.com/>

Follow us @VervericaData

Conference

Ververica GmbH
Managing Directors: Timothy Alexander Steinert, Yip Park Tung Jason, Ji
(Toni) Cheng