Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by "Hammond, Steven" <St...@Polycom.com> on 2010/11/04 04:18:06 UTC

Client host name

We had problems in previous versions with the client host being set using
session.getIoSession().getRemoteAddress() ).getHostName();
Since this does a reverseDNS lookup and takes 30 seconds to time out on windows servers for clients that are not resolvable.

We had to change all occurrances to
session.getIoSession().getRemoteAddress() .getAddress().getHostAddress()  To just use the IP as this is sufficient for our purpose(logging)

I didn't want to open this as a Jira ticket yet without some feedback if the current implementation you have in server-tools/src/main/java/org/apache/directory/server/ldap/gui/SessionModel.java and OutstandingRequestsDialog.java

And which ever code eventually will put the data into opContext.getSession().getClientIp()

Thanx,
Steve.