Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Akshay Kapur <ak...@cisco.com> on 2002/09/13 23:55:54 UTC

Javascript Issues with Turbine-Velocity

Hi

I am using a combination of DHTML and Javascript where it is essential for
the Javascript to go between the <head></head> elements (implying the
script gets executed before the body loads)

The structure is as follows -

     <head>
     <script language="Javascript" src="script.js">
     </script>

     <script>
     function foo()
     {
         // Javascript code
     }
     </script>
     </head>

My questions are -
a. As shown in code above, how do I insert the <script> element between the
<head></head>?
b. Also is it possible to specify the "src" attribute on the <script>
element and Javascript code to go between the <script></script> elements?
Basically, I need to!!!

Regards,
Akshay

Re: Javascript Issues with Turbine-Velocity

Posted by Akshay Kapur <ak...@cisco.com>.
Thanks everyone for your help.

Switching the layout to VelcoityOnlyLayout in TR.props worked!

Akshay

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.

Posted by Akshay Kapur <ak...@cisco.com>.

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.
> From: Akshay Kapur <ak...@cisco.com>
>
> My questions are -
> a. As shown in code above, how do I insert the <script> element between the
> <head></head>?
Just stick the script block anywhere in the body - it will still work.

> b. Also is it possible to specify the "src" attribute on the <script>
> element and Javascript code to go between the <script></script> elements?
> Basically, I need to!!!
See the patch to TemplatePageAttributes that I posted to the turbine-dev
mailing list yesterday.  You can extend this class and provide the extra
method yourself (just update TR.properties to refer to the new class).

> Regards,
> Akshay

Cheers,

Scott