Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Michael Schmalle <ap...@teotigraphix.com> on 2012/11/17 12:04:24 UTC

Randori framework [was Re: What to expect from FalconJS]

I watched the slides to, he mentioned C#. I saw something on Mike's
Twitter that said he would be getting something in GITHub next week

Joan, I agree his presentation made sense. What you are saying makes
sense to with the view mediator approach, you are completely dumbing
down the view using mediator injection.

What I don't get is, Mike said all these other companies that had
compiler engineers are not here, meaning they are somewhere else. So
Mike has put his time working with C# and a cross compiler /JS
framework.

Mike Does this have anything to do with this project? Or are you
planning on heading in your own direction with the Randori framework?

BTW Mike, I really do agree with how you summarized the problems that
are occurring today with Javascript and the View layer.

Mike

--
Michael Schmalle - Teoti Graphix, LLC
http://www.teotigraphix.com

Re: Randori framework [was Re: What to expect from FalconJS]

Posted by Alain Ekambi <ja...@gmail.com>.
What is the difference between this new Framework and something like GWT or
SharpKit ?

Posted by "Michael A. Labriola" <la...@digitalprimates.net>.

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Hi Mike,

I just saw the slides and it's very interesting. Thanks for sharing.
Various thoughts/questions here:

* You say this could be C#/Java/AS and so on... I think you start in C#
because you already have that js cross-compiler. You thoughts are about
making the same in different platform versions in the end?.

* I understand that the final goal is that you end programming in your
platform and don't touch JS...all will be in C# (or Java, or AS, or
Haxe,...)

* For me the browsers VM is a real problem. Each one is diferent and
fragmentation is a nightmare. In the end for me, in the past, all
technologies wich is final product was HTML/JS where off consideration
since the final technology was bad. (i.e: Java Server Faces, JSP, ...)

* This approach seems to only take into account HTML/JS, and I think that
it should have SWF, and other output possibilities. For me HTML/JS would be
powerful to be ok with people demanding HTML5, but having the "advanced"
solution to target Flash, mobile, etc...

* This is too new for me, but I'm learning how Haxe works and I see that
they generates complete native projects. So you develop in Haxe and the
output is native ios, android, flash, HTML...and so on. I think that your
framework could fit very well in that space, what do you think?

Again, thanks for share your vision. Very inspiring one.

Best,

Carlos

--
Carlos Rovira
Director de Tecnología

RE: Randori framework [was Re: What to expect from FalconJS]

Posted by "Michael A. Labriola" <la...@digitalprimates.net>.