Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by kyle dawkins <ky...@centralparksoftware.com> on 2001/06/25 21:51:36 UTC

Re: Weird caching problem in windows browsers (solved)

hey all

found the problem and it had nothing to do with caching or browsers or
OSes, but it's worth a mention here for future reference.

for debugging purposes, i had

use CGI::Carp qw(fatalsToBrowser);

in my handler.  for the most part, it was useful, except in this case.
deep down in one of my classes, i was using eval to trap a potential
error.  in the situations where that error occurred, i trapped it,
logged a warning, and continued to generate a response that I returned.
it seems, however, the CGI::Carp was somehow thinking that an error had
occurred and it was *changing* the response code from 200 to 500.  So
the browser was getting a Status of 500 but my page was being generated,
so I didn't know there was anything wrong with it.

I took out CGI::Carp and it all works.  Mmmmm.  Side effects.  Yummy.

Kyle
kyle@centralparksoftware.com
http://www.centralparksoftware.com