Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by liigo <co...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/25 08:45:20 UTC

About the new tapestry logo

All informations was from tapestry's uers' mailing list:

"I do not like the new tapestry logo":

http://www.nabble.com/I-do-not-like-the-new-tapestry-logo-t1619951.html#a4389501

"Re: new logo for Tapestry (just my opinion and my idea pic, don't mad OK)":

http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-new-logo-for-Tapestry-%28just-my-opinion-and-my-idea-pic%2C-don%27t-mad-OK%29-t1634451.html#a4426683

"All proposed logos so far":

http://www.nabble.com/All-proposed-logos-so-far-t1646389.html#a4459317

Comes From:
http://www.nabble.com/Jakarta-Tapestry-f302.html
http://www.nabble.com/forum/Search.jtp?forum=302&local=y&query=logo

Re: About the new tapestry logo

Posted by "com.liigo@gmail.com" <co...@gmail.com>.
We need redesign another one? a much better one?
A good logo is that the most of tapestry's user like. IMO.

在 Sun, 25 Jun 2006 14:45:20 +0800,liigo <co...@gmail.com> 写道:

Posted by "hv @ Fashion Content" <in...@fashioncontent.com>.
I wish picking a new logo could be done a bit more logically along the lines
a commercial product would be chosen, before actually voting on the change.
Coming up with a good logo can take quite a while and rightly so.

I see two possible approches:

1) Make a description of the values & direction of the framework and the
community in 2-4 sentences.

or

2) Define the primary sort of people you want to appeal to. By this I don't
mean to say that Tapestry doesn't have a broad appeal, but that tapestry has
distinguishing features which appeals to certain groups more so than other
frameworks do.

Once you have a sort of consensus on that it is much easier to make
suggestions on a logo and much easier to argue merrits of one or the other.
The must be a couple of professional graphic artists out there that love
Tapestry, and can come up with some top notch suggestions.

To open it up:

"Tapestry allows you to make and maintain highly interactive web
sites/applications with no or very little knowledge of Java/J2EE. ..."

I thing Web Designers with strong html/css skills but little server side
skills are a group that Tapestry can appeal to more so than most other
solutions.

Henrik