Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by "Castrotorres, Fabrizio" <Fa...@am.sony.com> on 2003/06/16 23:07:47 UTC

Question about compiling/running Apache Axis on JDK 1.2

Hello All,
I am trying to port Apache Axis to JDK 1.2.
Any suggestions or comments on how to go about doing this?

The main problem I seem to be encountering is when I try to compile axis
from
source and it encounters dynamic proxy classes. (Which do not exist in jdk
1.2)

>From looking at the source code it looks like this is used within the
Service.getPort() method on the client side. This seems to interface with
the Call object which is generated from the client side Service object? Can
anyone provide any hints which might make it easier for me to understand
this?

Is there a way to "fake" or substitute how dynamic proxies are being used?
I want to still be able to automatically generate the stubs from WSDL using
the standard WSDL2JAVA tool.

Thanks for your help,
Fabrizio Castrotorres