Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Sue Tavidian <sm...@yahoo.com> on 2009/04/27 19:12:25 UTC

[users@httpd] cannot load c:/php/php5apache2_2.dll into server

When I loaded/installed apache 2.2.11-win32-x86-no-msi, I get the error -
"cannot load c:/php/php5apache2_2.dll into server, the specified module could not be found"
Does anyone know what next step I should take?
Thanks.

Re: [users@httpd] cannot load c:/php/php5apache2_2.dll into server

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Issac Goldstand wrote:
>> Alternatively, download depends.exe from microsoft (google around for a
>> link, but it's free to validated windows users), and from the command
>> prompt, go to c:/path/to/apache2/modules and run depends
>> c:\php5\php5apache2_2.dll and it will show you EXACTLY what's failing to
>> load.
>
> Excellent suggestion, and note depends.exe doesn't really come from MS
> anymore.  It's own home is http://www.dependencywalker.com/ and that
> page gives you a bit more history.  Plus, it can deal with 32 and 64 bit
> binaries, now :)

Now the whole point is, does Sue /want/ PHP , or is some stray
configuration line just trying to load it for no reason at all ?

Re: [users@httpd] cannot load c:/php/php5apache2_2.dll into server

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.

Posted by Issac Goldstand <ma...@beamartyr.net>.
Make sure that c:\php is on the system PATH - there are other DLLs that
need to be loaded from there,  but Apache won't necessarily give you
details.

Alternatively, download depends.exe from microsoft (google around for a
link, but it's free to validated windows users), and from the command
prompt, go to c:/path/to/apache2/modules and run depends
c:\php5\php5apache2_2.dll and it will show you EXACTLY what's failing to
load.

  Issac

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.