Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org> on 2016/04/15 10:50:10 UTC

Adam Kocoloski is now an IBM Fellow

Hey all,

our own Adam made IBM Fellow! He’s now one of only 267* individuals
who’ve been awarded this honour for their contributions to IBM and
computing in general:

  http://www.ibm.com/ibm/ideasfromibm/us/ibm_fellows/2016/

Congratulations Adam, very proud to have you on the team :)

Best
Jan
--
* this is only slightly less than the number of git repos
  we now manage.

Re: Adam Kocoloski is now an IBM Fellow

Posted by Kyle Snavely <kj...@gmail.com>.
You rock, Adam!

Posted by Garren Smith <ga...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andy Wenk <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Johs Ensby <jo...@b2w.com>.
Congratulations, Adam

Posted by Dave Cottlehuber <dc...@skunkwerks.at>.
On Fri, 15 Apr 2016, at 10:50, Jan Lehnardt wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> our own Adam made IBM Fellow! He’s now one of only 267* individuals
> who’ve been awarded this honour for their contributions to IBM and
> computing in general:
>
>   http://www.ibm.com/ibm/ideasfromibm/us/ibm_fellows/2016/
>
> Congratulations Adam, very proud to have you on the team :)
>
> Best
> Jan
> --

That's spectacular Adam! A very influential and I'm sure well-earned
position.

A+
Dave

Re: Adam Kocoloski is now an IBM Fellow

Posted by Adam Kocoloski <ko...@apache.org>.
Thanks Jan for sharing this, and thank you all for the congratulations! It’s quite an honor and a humbling experience to be included in such an august group. The five Nobel prizes aside, one of my predecessors quite literally wrote the rules <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codd's_12_rules> for relational databases.

I can tell you that the work we’ve done together on this project over the years played no small part in the Company’s deliberations. Open source contributions have been a part of IBM’s DNA for nearly 20 years now, and this aspect of our business is only going to increase in its importance, especially in the world of data and analytics. I’m proud to be both an IBMer and a CouchDB developer and see a bright future for both organizations. Here’s to Open Source!

Cheers, Adam

Posted by Joan Touzet <wo...@apache.org>.
Congrats!