Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by George Armhold <ar...@cs.rutgers.edu> on 2004/06/10 10:50:32 UTC

PrintTranscoder generates blank output for docs with custom glyphs

Hi,

I'm having a problem printing SVGs using the PrintTranscoder.  If my
document contains custom fonts with glyph definitions, I end up with a
completely blank page of printed output.  I get the same results when
printing the doc using squiggle, which also uses the PrintTranscoder.
I don't see any exceptions being generated, just silent, blank output.
I've attached a sample doc that demonstrates the problem.  I'll start
digging my way through the Batik source, but in the meantime if
someone has an idea as to what's going on, please let me know, thanks!

--
George Armhold
Rutgers University

Re: PrintTranscoder generates blank output for docs with custom glyphs

Posted by Thomas DeWeese <Th...@Kodak.com>.
George Armhold wrote:

> I'm having a problem printing SVGs using the PrintTranscoder.  If my
> document contains custom fonts with glyph definitions, I end up with a
> completely blank page of printed output.

    This should be fixed in CVS.

> I get the same results when
> printing the doc using squiggle, which also uses the PrintTranscoder.
> I don't see any exceptions being generated, just silent, blank output.

   This behavior is also fixed, it was swallowing exceptions (it seemed
to have an intent of drawing the exception on the page but it didn't).