Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/20 15:02:14 UTC

Re: Manipulating reques object ???? - urgent please

On 1/20/06, Sony Thomas <so...@genialgenetics.com> wrote:

> Is there is any way to manipulate the value of request object. I have a
> text field in my jsp called "locationName". when I use
> "request.getParamentName("locationName") in my action, I am getting the
> value entered in my jsp. While forwarding from my action, if i want to
> reset the value
> of locationName to a different value - what should I do? How can I do ?
> please give me some clues???

Since you're asking on the Struts list, the typical way to do this
would be to let the framework populate a form bean for you.  Then in
the Action code you can change the form bean's property values.
   form.setLocationName(...);

If you aren't using forms, you can set request _attributes_ (rather
than parameters).  Try
  request.setAttribute(...); . The setAttribute method is also
available for session and application scope.

--
Wendy