Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Shettleroe, Aaron, AIM" <Aa...@jocogov.org> on 2005/12/06 16:39:10 UTC

Warnings filing my event viewer with shm file creation errors

Hello Tomcat Users,

I have a Tomcat 5.0.27 installation on a Windows 2003 Server.  Tomcat is
setup as the servlet container for the IIS 6 instance on my machine.
Everything is running well, however, the Event Viewer shows several
"Warning" messages regarding the shm file defined in my
workers2.properties file.

The errors are:
Error: [jk_shm.c (178)]: shm.create(): error creating shm
d:/Tomcat5027/work/shm.file
Error: [jk_shm.c (105)]: shm.create(): error creating shm 720005 Access
is denied.

However, the shm file is created and its modfication time has changed
since these warnings were logged.  If Access is denied as the error
states, then how can the shm file exist?

I would like to try to fix these warnings from occurring and filing up
my event viewer log. I receive these warning several times a day.

My workers2.properties file defines the shm section as:
[shm]
file=d:/Tomcat5027/work/shm.file
size=1048576

Thank you in advance,