Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Krzysztof Zielinski <kz...@supermedia.pl> on 2001/04/11 18:56:29 UTC

Re[2]: [C2] Default Database - based on HSQL Database Engine

Hello.

      HSQL database from C2 doesn't work so I have prepared some
      patches.
      1.
              xml-cocoon/web-inf/db/cocoondb.script
              I have added needed XML_TABLE
      2.
              xml-cocoon/web-inf/db/runWebServer.bat
              xml-cocoon/web-inf/db/runWebServer.sh
              Scipts for starting HSQL Database in backgroud.
      4.
              xml-cocoon/database.properties
              Modiffied file with correct database-url

      5.
              To run Cocoon2 with HSQL DB you need:
        a)
              Build Cocoon2 as it is written in xml-cocoon/Install
    [unix]  ./build.sh  -Dinclude.webapp.libs=yes webapp
    [win32] .\build.bat -Dinclude.webapp.libs=yes webapp
        c)
             Copy cocoon.war to Tomcat webapps and start Tomcat
        b)
              Start HSQL DB

--
Best regards,
 Krzysztof                            mailto:kzielinski@supermedia.pl

[C2] InstantDB - License

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Team,

Can someone look at the InstantDB's license to see if we can include InstantDB JAR's in C2?

Thanks,
dims

--- Krzysztof Zielinski <kz...@supermedia.pl> wrote:
> Hello Davanum,
>
> Wednesday, April 11, 2001, 7:34:06 PM, you wrote:
>
> DS> Can you figure out a way to run HSQL in the stand-alone mode. So that we don't have to run
> any
> DS> batch files?
>
> DS> I had set it up that way by specifying the full path of files in the jdbc connect statement.
> DS> "jdbc:hsqldb:${install.war}/cocoon/WEB-INF/db/cocoondb". Does this fail for you?
>
> I couldn't run HSQL specyfing only jdbc connection.
> I belive that this is possible eg: run HSQL as servlet.
>
> Actually I run HSQL starting script manualy.
>

> I have configured InstantDB from enhydra.org with Cocoon2. This DB
> is started for each request to url eg by:
> <dburl>jdbc:idb:..\\webapps\\cocoon\\Web-inf\\db_idb\\test.prp</dburl>
> Using InstandDB we haven't to run database server manualy.
>
> Please tell me if you are interested in configuration InstantDB with
> Cocoon2.
>

> --
> Best regards,
>  Krzysztof                            mailto:kzielinski@supermedia.pl
>   ICQ # 47933362

=====
Davanum Srinivas, JNI-FAQ Manager
http://www.jGuru.com/faq/JNI

Re: Re[4]: [C2] Default Database - based on HSQL Database Engine

Posted by giacomo <gi...@apache.org>.

On Thu, 12 Apr 2001, Krzysztof Zielinski wrote:

> Hello Davanum,
>
> Wednesday, April 11, 2001, 7:34:06 PM, you wrote:
>
> DS> Can you figure out a way to run HSQL in the stand-alone mode. So that we don't have to run any
> DS> batch files?
>
> DS> I had set it up that way by specifying the full path of files in the jdbc connect statement.
> DS> "jdbc:hsqldb:${install.war}/cocoon/WEB-INF/db/cocoondb". Does this fail for you?
>
> I couldn't run HSQL specyfing only jdbc connection.
> I belive that this is possible eg: run HSQL as servlet.
>
> Actually I run HSQL starting script manualy.

You have to build C2 with the following command to make the
${install.war} being replaced by an actual value:

sh build.sh \
  -Dinclude.webapp.libs=yes \
  -Dinstall.war=/absolute/path/to/catalina/build/webapps \
  -Dremove.webapp=yes clean install

Giacomo

[C2] InstantDB - License

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Team,

=====

Posted by Krzysztof Zielinski <kz...@supermedia.pl>.
Hello Davanum,

Re: Re[2]: [C2] Default Database - based on HSQL Database Engine

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
Krzysztof,

=====