Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by TahitianGabriel <gl...@piti.pf> on 2009/07/22 22:19:16 UTC

RE: https flips to http

Hi,

Did you ever solve this problem?
I'm having the exact same problme with apache 2, tomcat 6 and wicket 1.3.6.
Some of the Https URLs are redirect to Http. It seems to happen when I use
the setResponsePage(Page) fonction.

Any help would be appreciate...

RE: https flips to http

Posted by TahitianGabriel <gl...@piti.pf>.
Thank you for your help.
It was indeed a problem with the sendRedirect() and relative URLs with SSL
offloading.

Instead of adding some code (filter, wrapper, ...) to my webapp I ended up
using two AJP configuration in my server.xml (one for HTTP and one for
HTTPS) :
<Connector port="8010" protocol="AJP/1.3" URIEncoding="UTF-8" />
<!-- Define an AJP 1.3 Connector on port 8011 -- for SSL -->
<Connector port="8011" protocol="AJP/1.3" URIEncoding="UTF-8" secure="true"
scheme="https" proxyPort="443"/>

And also configuring two workers in my workers.properties (one for port 8010
and one for port 8011)
worker.list=piti,pitissl
# Set properties for PITI (ajp13)
worker.piti.type=ajp13
worker.piti.host=127.0.0.1
worker.piti.port=8010
# Set properties for PITI (ajp13) - SSL
worker.pitissl.type=ajp13
worker.pitissl.host=127.0.0.1
worker.pitissl.port=8011

And then I use those workers in my virtual host configuration :
<VirtualHost *:443>
       # SSL
        JkMount  /* pitissl
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost *:80>
       # SSL
        JkMount  /* piti
</VirtualHost>

RE: https flips to http

Posted by Alex Objelean <al...@yahoo.com>.
If you are using load balancer, than here is the solution:
http://www.satyakomatineni.com/akc/servlet/DisplayServlet?url=DisplayNoteMPURL&reportId=1711&ownerUserId=satya

Recently I had exactly same issue, now I solved it using this approach.

Alex Objelean

Re: https flips to http

Posted by Dane Laverty <da...@gmail.com>.
The problem did eventually get solved, though I couldn't tell you how. It
was a server issue, so our server people finally figured it out. I'm sorry I
can be of any help to you here :(

Dane