Posted to users@ace.apache.org by Pepijn Noltes <pe...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/14 13:40:45 UTC

non interactive client

Hi all,

I want to use Apache ACE in our system, but instead of web UI as
client I want to create a non interactive client. This client client
should use a configuration file containing the artifact <-> target
info and needs to have a (remote) API to dynamically change the
deployment configuration. The system will use a single local
repository.

I am just starting to use ACE and am looking for some info to get a
better understanding how to approach this.
I have already found some wiki pages
(https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ACE/Software+Architecture
and https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ACE/User+Documentation)
from the incubator environment, but I am hoping that somebody could
give some extra info/documentation about where to start and which
bundles, interfaces and classes to use/extend.

Thanks in advance,
Pepijn

Re: non interactive client

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.
On Mar 15, 2012, at 15:59 PM, Pepijn Noltes wrote:

>> You might want to use the client REST API to talk to ACE. It is not 100% done yet, but we've been using it in another open source project that builds on ACE (called Amdatu). It is usable. Take a look at:
>>
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ACE/Client+REST+API
>>
>> Btw, within the Amdatu community there has been some talk about donating a Java API that is built on top of the REST API to ACE. That might be worth looking into as well.
>
> Thanks for the answer. The REST API looks promising. Is the REST API
> available in the latest release (0.8.1) or should I checkout the
> latest sources and build ACE myself?

The latter, also because we're still working on it so I would advise you to take advantage of the latest and greatest. The quickest way to build is to:
1) do a checkout,
2) mvn -DskipTests=true install
3) go to the ace-target-devserver folder, where you will find a fully functional server in the "target" folder.

Greetings, Marcel

Re: non interactive client

Posted by Pepijn Noltes <pe...@gmail.com>.

Re: non interactive client