Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Richard Dunne <ri...@yahoo.com> on 2007/04/27 19:29:55 UTC

[users@httpd] date when file was last modified

Can anyone tell me what would prevent apache2 server from updating its last modified by file index.  I am running apache2 and the last modified date is not updating, even when I restart the server.

Richard

Re: [users@httpd] date when file was last modified

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 4/27/07, Robert T Wyatt <ro...@mail.utexas.edu> wrote:
> Richard Dunne wrote:
> > Can anyone tell me what would prevent apache2 server from updating its last modified by file index.  I am running apache2 and the last modified date is not updating, even when I restart the server.
> >
> > Richard
>
> Do you mean the index page generated when there is no index.html
> present? Those file dates are from the system. Which system are you on?

I have no problem with people repeating a question if they can't get
it solved on the first try. But I find it quite rude to do so without
referencing the earlier request or at least filling in all the details
that were identified as important. You just waste everybody's time.

Anyway, if you'd like to help Richard, start by reading through the
earlier thread that starts here:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/httpd-users/200704.mbox/%3c889592.49690.qm@web50307.mail.re2.yahoo.com%3e

Joshua.

Re: [users@httpd] date when file was last modified