Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Steve Hay <st...@googlemail.com> on 2018/08/25 12:50:49 UTC

New Windows mod_perl binaries available

For those who are interested, I have uploaded binary 64-bit builds of
mod_perl-2.0.10 and libapreq2-2.14 components compatible with Apache
Lounge 2.4.34 (Win64, VC15, built 15 August 2018) and each of:

* ActivePerl 5.26.1.2601 (x64)
* Strawberry Perl 5.26.1.1 (64bit)
* Strawberry Perl 5.28.0.1 (64bit)

ActivePerl 5.28.0 isn't available yet, but I will upload builds for it
when it is.

I haven't made 32-bit builds this time. There doesn't seem to be any
32-bit builds of ActivePerl any more either, if the current releases
are anything to go by, and I personally only use 64-bit now anyway (as
does my $workplace).

You can download them from http://home.apache.org/~stevehay/

Regards,
Steve

Re: New Windows mod_perl binaries available

Posted by Randolf Richardson <ra...@modperl.pl>.
	Thank you for doing this, Steve.  Your effort is wonderful because
it makes it possible for all Windows users to have access to ModPerl
(and hopefully also libapreq2).

	In case others aren't aware, the vast majority of Windows systems
administrators I've encountered aren't familiar with compiling from
sources, as is a generally common skill among Unix/Linux
administrators.  But it's not only a matter of software development
skills; it's also a matter of the tools and libraries necessary for
compiling from source not being easy to find and configure on Windows
(at least compared to how easy it is to obtain and use these tools
and libraries in Unix/Linux environments).  The reason for this is
that Windows software normally comes pre-compiled.

	So, thanks again Steve -- what you're doing is very helpful.

> For those who are interested, I have uploaded binary 64-bit builds of
> mod_perl-2.0.10 and libapreq2-2.14 components compatible with Apache
> Lounge 2.4.34 (Win64, VC15, built 15 August 2018) and each of:
>
> * ActivePerl 5.26.1.2601 (x64)
> * Strawberry Perl 5.26.1.1 (64bit)
> * Strawberry Perl 5.28.0.1 (64bit)
>
> ActivePerl 5.28.0 isn't available yet, but I will upload builds for it
> when it is.
>
> I haven't made 32-bit builds this time. There doesn't seem to be any
> 32-bit builds of ActivePerl any more either, if the current releases
> are anything to go by, and I personally only use 64-bit now anyway (as
> does my $workplace).
>
> You can download them from http://home.apache.org/~stevehay/
>
> Regards,
> Steve