Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Meenal Srivastva <Me...@infosys.com> on 2008/05/26 13:38:06 UTC

Servlet based web-services in Axis?

Hi,

I've seen a few examples of deploying POJO based web-services in Axis, but never any of Servlet based web-services. Is it possible to do so?
Or is it possible to deploy a web-service where we have a "Bootstrap" kind of a Servlet (which can perform certain common stuff after "load on startup"), and the functionality exposed through a POJO?
If so, how do we modify the deploy.wsdd? What happens to the web.xml of the Servlet - project in this case?

Thanks,
Meenal

Infosys e-mail system.

RE: Servlet based web-services in Axis?

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Hello Meenal
Axis 1 was servlet basedIf you d/l Axis 1.4 and run the ant build.xml samples you will see that
ant generate.servlet will actually re-deploy the entire servlet

Does this help?Martin ______________________________________________ Disclaimer and confidentiality note Everything in this e-mail and any attachments relates to the official business of Sender. This transmission is of a confidential nature and Sender does not endorse distribution to any party other than intended recipient. Sender does not necessarily endorse content contained within this transmission.

From: Meenal_Srivastva@infosys.comTo: axis-dev@ws.apache.orgDate: Mon, 26 May 2008 17:08:06 +0530Subject: Servlet based web-services in Axis?

Hi,

I’ve seen a few examples of deploying POJO based web-services in Axis, but never any of Servlet based web-services. Is it possible to do so?
Or is it possible to deploy a web-service where we have a “Bootstrap” kind of a Servlet (which can perform certain common stuff after “load on startup”), and the functionality exposed through a POJO?
If so, how do we modify the deploy.wsdd? What happens to the web.xml of the Servlet – project in this case?

Thanks,
Meenal

Infosys e-mail system.
Make every e-mail and IM count. Join the i’m Initiative from Microsoft.