Posted to log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org by br...@sbox.tugraz.at on 2005/04/13 12:43:46 UTC

CVC head not working under Windows?

I tried the ant build of the latest CVS head.
The build worked till dthe test part where I got an exception.

Then I used the DLL in my test appl, and found that an exception is thrown
in the folowing code fragment:

CharsetDecoder::CharsetDecoder(const char* frompage) {
#if LOG4CXX_LOGCHAR_IS_WCHAR
  const char* topage = "WCHAR_T";
#endif
#if LOG4CXX_LOGCHAR_IS_UTF8
  const char* topage = "UTF-8";
#endif
  apr_status_t stat = apr_xlate_open((apr_xlate_t**) &convset,
     topage,
     frompage,
     (apr_pool_t*) pool.getAPRPool());
  if (stat != APR_SUCCESS) {
    throw IllegalArgumentException(topage); // <== throws exception
  }
}

So what does that mean?
Am I doing something wrong, is something missing, ....???

And another question: Is there also a way to build a release version of
the DLL ?

Best regards
ML

ROling file appender not working?

Posted by br...@sbox.tugraz.at.
I tried now the last version which worked under windows (31.3.)

It seems that the roling file appender is not working.
Is there a way around this?
Or at least a way to specify a maximum file size in a normal appender?

best regards
ML

Re: CVC head not working under Windows?

Posted by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org>.
Unfortunately yes, see
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=log4cxx-dev&m=111233291509541&w=2.

The apr_xlate_open function has problems loading the current default
code page on Windows, it creates and encoding name like "Cp1252" when
the encoding module is actually named "windows-1252".  I've also
discovered several other annoying habits of apr-iconv (an iconv
implementation which is used by apr_xlate on platforms without a
"native" iconv) which have convinced me to rewrite charset transcoding
code so it does not depend on apr_xlate on Windows.

Until I have a chance to rework that code, you may want to pull a
snapshot from before 31 March (can't find my CVS book at the moment to
give you the syntax).

On building a release version, use

ant -Ddebug=false