Posted to dev@pirk.apache.org by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com> on 2016/07/27 08:06:53 UTC

Multiple filters in a query

There was a code comment in the query schema class that stated:

"Could easily add the ability for multiple filters (filter list
capability) instead of just one."

I don't think that is necessary, as it is easy for a user to write a
"aggregated filter" that will combine calling multiple filter steps into
a single DataFilter.  I'm inclined to declare that query schemas
continue to only define a single filter.

WDYT?

Regards,
Tim

Re: Multiple filters in a query

Posted by Ellison Anne Williams <ea...@gmail.com>.
Yes, I agree -- a user can easily write an aggregate filter and we can
leave the query schemas with the ability to specify a single filter.