Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Mar Pearly <ma...@hotmail.com> on 2007/08/10 01:27:01 UTC

[users@httpd] About the setting of the Security Console MySQL & XAMPP Directory Protection

Hello,how are you all doing?

well I am new here and i'm trying to set the Security Console MySQL & XAMPP Directory Protection through the url .

My question might sound to you foolish but please forgive me...

In the MySQL Section, 2 radio button options appear for the  PHPMyAdmin Authentification .I should check a specific button-i mean it is for everybody the same option and if yes which option ?   cookie or http?And what each option serves?

And In the Security Risk :Safe Plain password in textfile checkbox :means that if i check the box my password will be saved in plain text in the according file ?

As far as the Xampp Directory Protection is concerned in the field username i must enter root -so that it is in accordance with the MySQL Section?Or I should use another different?

Thanks a lot in advance and sorry for these questions but I really don't know what to do...

Thanks a lot in Advance

Yours,faithfully

Re: [users@httpd] About the setting of the Security Console MySQL & XAMPP Directory Protection

Posted by Dragon <dr...@crimson-dragon.com>.
On Thu, August 9, 2007 16:27, Mar Pearly wrote:

> Hello,how are you all doing?
>
> well I am new here and i'm trying to set the Security Console MySQL &
> XAMPP Directory Protection through the url .
>
> My question might sound to you foolish but please forgive me...
>
> In the MySQL Section, 2 radio button options appear for the  PHPMyAdmin
> Authentification .I should check a specific button-i mean it is for
> everybody the same option and if yes which option ?   cookie or http?And
> what each option serves?
>
> And In the Security Risk :Safe Plain password in textfile checkbox :means
> that if i check the box my password will be saved in plain text in the
> according file ?
>
> As far as the Xampp Directory Protection is concerned in the field
> username i must enter root -so that it is in accordance with the MySQL
> Section?Or I should use another different?
>

> Thanks a lot in advance and sorry for these questions but I really don't
> know what to do...

Absolutely none of this has anything to do with the Apache web server so
it is highly doubtful that anyone here is in a position to help you.

You need to find documentation and/or support lists appropriate to your
problem, in your case, it looks like lists for MySQL, PHPMyAdmin and XAMPP
are what you need to go look for.

None of which you are going to find here.