Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Axel Bock <ne...@the-me.de> on 2004/09/28 11:34:51 UTC

tomcat / axis example: NoClassDefFoundError: Software

Hi,

I am having trouble testing my locally installed Tomcat/Axis server (WinXP SP2
if that should matter). I have done absolutely everything from the
Installation Guide, but if I try to run the stock sample application as
described in the Guide the following thing happens:

     Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Software

When I try to create my own web service (maybe this "software" thing is
something only the examples rely upon) I get the same error (I followed the
instructions from here: http://java2simple.blog-city.com/read/162200.htm)

I have set AXISCLASSPATH, AXIS_LIB, AXIS_HOME, TOMCAT_HOME. AXISCLASSPATH
includes almost every jar file from the libs (I followed the with this). I
have modified CLASSPATH to contain tools.jar from the JDK, and axis runs just
fine as long as I do not try to compile code ... .

Does maybe anyone know what happens here or where I can get this "software"
definition? (Testing with the "echo" example gave the same result ...).

Thanks in advance, greetings & ciao,

Axel.