Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Ian Whitfield <wh...@telkomsa.net> on 2012/08/25 15:05:16 UTC

Function in Base

Hi Guys!!

I asked this before but now can not find the answer.

I have added two new fields to my Table but they do _NOT_ show up in the
list when I go to 'Add Field' in my Form. Someone told me about a
function that brought up a box at the top of the screen and I could Drag
'n Drop the new fields into place.

I think it was a 'F-Key' function but can't find it.

Can anyone help out please?

Thanks
Ian Whitfield
Pretoria

Re: Function in Base

Posted by drew <dr...@baseanswers.com>.
On Sat, 2012-08-25 at 10:21 -0400, drew wrote:
> On Sat, 2012-08-25 at 10:04 -0400, Dan wrote:
> > Ian Whitfield wrote:
> >
> >       Edit your form. Then use View -> Toolbars -> Form Design. In this
> > toolbar you will see the 2 tools in the attached screenshot. The tool on
> > the right in the screenshot is the Add Field tool. Click to open it. The
> > name of the extra fields should be at the bottom of the list in a popup window.
>
> Hi Dan,
>
> Yes - with two caveats:

(oops, needs to fix the first paragraph in the last reply - so double
post)

> If the dataform control (definition of the record set behind the form)
> is _not_ based on a Table object (which is equivalent to a query of
> SELECT * FROM TABLE) then a field added to the table definition
> subsequent to creating the form will not appear in the Add Field list.

If the dataform control (definition of the record set behind the form)
is _not_ based on a Table object (or the equivalent query of SELECT *

Re: Function in Base

Posted by drew <dr...@baseanswers.com>.

Re: Function in Base