Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by PN...@directsourcing.com on 2000/07/11 16:11:00 UTC

JPEG bugs me

Hi all,

I have been trying to decode the jpeg header to read it's height and width,
I am stuck on a issue. The SOF(Start of frame header) for a baseline jpeg is
represented by 0xffc0. As per the info i got from various sites whenever you
find this tag in the jpeg 4th, 5th byte and 6th,7th bytes are the image
dimensions. But what do u do when you encounter SOF twice in the same image
file. E.g. in the attaced jpeg 0xffc0 occurs at the offsets 0x01f6 and
0x19d7 only the latter offset gives the dimesions of the image. How to
decide which SOF is the right one? Any help is appreciated.

Pankaj Narula
502-326-4426 (Office)