Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Thomas Neidhart <th...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/04 21:36:52 UTC

[VOTE][RESULT] Release of Commons Collections 4.0-alpha1 based on RC2

On 06/30/2013 11:57 PM, Thomas Neidhart wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to call a vote for releasing Commons Collections 4.0-alpha1
> based on RC2.
>
> The following changes have been applied since RC1:
>
>  * upgrade to maven-javadoc-plugin 2.9.1 (due to CVE-2013-1571)
>  * fixed COLLECTIONS-474, thanks to sebb
>  * fixed download page (contained wrong component id)
>  * added html version of release notes for site
>
> The artifacts / site have been built with Oracle JDK 1.5 build 1.5.0_22-b03.
>
> The files:
>
> The artifacts are deployed to Nexus:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-092/org/apache/commons/commons-collections4/4.0-alpha1/
>
> Distribution files:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/collections/
>
> The tag:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/collections/tags/COLLECTIONS_4_0_ALPHA1_RC2/
>
> The site:
> http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/collections/4.0-alpha1/RC2/
>
> Additional Notes:
>
> o the download page and api links to older releases only work on
>   the published site and will be corrected after release.
>
> Please take a look at the commons-collections-4.0-alpha1 artifacts and vote!

> [ ] +1 release it.
> [ ] +0 go ahead; I don't care.
> [ ] -0 there are a few minor glitches: ...
> [ ] -1 no, do not release it because ...
>
> Vote will remain open for at least 72 hours.

The VOTE to release Commons Collections 4.0-alpha1 based on RC2 passes
with the following binding votes (all PMC members):

+1 Luc Maisonobe
+1 Olivier Lamy
+1 Oliver Heger
+1 Benedikt Ritter
+1 Gary Gregory
+1 Jörg Schaible
+1 Thomas Neidhart

No other votes where cast (and I double-checked the post of sebb, but
you did not seem to have voted).

I will start the release process, most likely the sync with maven
central will not work due to the groupId change, but we will see.

Thanks to everybody who has taken the time to verify the release and vote!

Thomas