Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jeff Ong <tk...@bass.com.my> on 2003/04/03 15:08:01 UTC

tomcat ssl

Hi,

I have installed verisign SSL with tomcat. Everything worked fine but until I test the SSL using browser and view the certificate. Supposingly the "Issued By" field is Verisign since I obtain my CA cert from verisign. But the "Issued By" field now is the host name/ address of my server, which same to "Issued To" field.

These are the commands I have used to generate keystore, csr and cert.

keytool -genkey -alias tomcat -keyalg RSA -keystore feed.keystore
keytool -certreq -keyalg RSA -alias tomcat -file feed.csr -keystore feed.keystore
keytool -keystore feed.keystore -keyalg RSA -import -trustcacerts -alias root -file verisign_inter_test.cer
keytool -keystore keystore -keyalg RSA -import -trustcacerts -file feed.cer

P/S : I am using verisign trial certificate which valid for one week
      : I save the reply of CSR into feed.csr
      : I get verisign_inter_test.cer from https://digitalid.verisign.com/cgi-bin/getcacert.
     : I am using tomcat 4.1.10

Can any help me with this problem?