Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Robert Quillen <ro...@fastforms.com> on 2000/02/16 18:51:58 UTC

2.2 spec security

Does tomcat 3.0 implement security as specified by servlet spec 2.2?  I
really want to use this stuff, but I can't figure out if Tomcat 3.0
implements it or not.  I tried putting the necessary tags in my web.xml, but
they seemed to be ignored.

If not, is there any idea when it might be added?  I realize this is a free
project.  Just a vague timeframe is all I'm looking for.

-Robert Quillen

Re: 2.2 spec security

Posted by co...@eng.sun.com.
> Does tomcat 3.0 implement security as specified by servlet spec 2.2?  I
> really want to use this stuff, but I can't figure out if Tomcat 3.0
> implements it or not.  I tried putting the necessary tags in my web.xml, but
> they seemed to be ignored.
>
> If not, is there any idea when it might be added?  I realize this is a free
> project.  Just a vague timeframe is all I'm looking for.

I'm working on it, hope to have something before 3.1 - but it will need
review and testing before anyone can use it in "production" mode.

Costin