Posted to dev@yunikorn.apache.org by Wilfred Spiegelenburg <wi...@apache.org> on 2022/01/12 00:11:18 UTC

[DISCUSS] v0.12.2 release to allow K8s 1.22 and K8s 1.23 deployments

Over the last weeks Craig and I have been working on getting the
admission controller deployment updated. These changes were committed
yesterday as YUNIKORN-941. The main goal was to move away from old K8s
objects and API calls and remove the scripts for certificate creation.

With the changes committed deployments and e2e tests against K8s1.22
and K8s 1.23 are no longer failing.
I would like to propose that we release v0.12.2 with just the changes
for the admission controller to allow deployments on the latest
versions of K8s. Since Craig is the person that has been driving this
code change I would like to propose him as the release manager.

This is the list of changes related to YUNIKORN-941. It includes a
number of other jiras as they are all fixed by the new deployment:
* YUNIKORN-995
* YUNIKORN-938
* YUNIKORN-947
* YUNIKORN-625
* YUNIKORN-726
It has one jira it dependents on: YUNIKORN-928

Wilfred

Re: [DISCUSS] v0.12.2 release to allow K8s 1.22 and K8s 1.23 deployments

Posted by Weiwei Yang <ww...@apache.org>.
Thank you, Craig, really appreciate your help!!

Posted by Craig Condit <ap...@craigcondit.com>.

Posted by Wilfred Spiegelenburg <wi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Chenya Zhang <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1 thanks Wilfred and Craig for driving YUNIKORN-941! Look forward to the
release!

Posted by Weiwei Yang <ww...@apache.org>.

Posted by Weiwei Yang <ww...@apache.org>.

Posted by Chaoran Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.