Posted to users@maven.apache.org by ja...@jpmorgan.com on 2007/08/31 18:15:10 UTC

Maven Netbeans IDE Integration issue

Hi,

I am using Netbeans 6 M 10 with maven 2.0.7 configured for external build.
Normal compile and build uses the external IDE. But if I try to run or
debug my application then it shows the message

WARNING: Project Run execution within Netbeans requires running the build
within the same VM as the IDE.
WARNING: Automatically falling back to embedded Maven despite project
setup.

In this case the IDE recompiles with embedded maven (I think version
2.0.4) which has some symbol dependency issue.  My application
crashes........

Thanks & Regards,
Jayaram

and affiliates. This transmission may contain information that is
privileged, confidential, legally privileged, and/or exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended
distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including
any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Although this
transmission and any attachments are believed to be free of any
virus or other defect that might affect any computer system into
which it is received and opened, it is the responsibility of the
recipient to ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is
accepted by JPMorgan Chase & Co., its subsidiaries and affiliates,
as applicable, for any loss or damage arising in any way from its
use. If you received this transmission in error, please immediately
contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety,
disclosures relating to UK legal entities.

Re: Maven Netbeans IDE Integration issue

Posted by Milos Kleint <mk...@gmail.com>.
Hey,

it's switching to the IDE's own embedder (if I recall correctly) in
6.0 M10 only if the netbeans-run-jar plugin is invoked on Run Project
action. If it's not, (after you change that setting in the project
dialog), it shall invoked the command line version.

BTW: I've got a fix for the setSince() NoSuchMethod exception for 6.0
beta1. Well, rather a workaround. I've added that method to the
bytecode in the embedder binaries I use.

Milos

Posted by ja...@jpmorgan.com.

Posted by Milos Kleint <mk...@gmail.com>.