Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Matthias Wessendorf <mw...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/16 15:09:47 UTC

[OT] svn w/ eclipse (3.1 and 3.0.2) on linux

hi,

has anybody a working subclipse plugin on a linux box w/ eclipse?

If I choose "svn repository exploring"  I become that message...

"Problems opening perspective
org.tigris.subversion.subclipse.ui.svnPerspective"

any work arounds know? other way I have to dig deeper into ... :-/

thanks and sorry for bothering you guys with such an OT topic.

--
Matthias Wessendorf

Re: [OT] svn w/ eclipse (3.1 and 3.0.2) on linux

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.
Matthias Wessendorf wrote:
> hi,
>
> has anybody a working subclipse plugin on a linux box w/ eclipse?

This is a bit difficult, you have to set an environment var
before the eclipse call so that the correct javahl is used,
and you have to have javahl in your system.
The problem to my knowledge is, that only the windows javahl bindings
are provided by the auto patch (for obvious reasons)

The easier path is to use javasvn which is a pure java implementation
of javahl.
Alex Kiatev the author of javasvn has just brought out a new version
which works with the latest subclipse. Subclipse had quirks in the past,
but worked for me good enough to having used it for longer periods of
time. The latest version seems to have much less bugs then the ones before.

the path to javasvn can be found in the wiki.

> If I choose "svn repository exploring"  I become that message...
>
> "Problems opening perspective
> org.tigris.subversion.subclipse.ui.svnPerspective"
>
> any work arounds know? other way I have to dig deeper into ... :-/
>
> thanks and sorry for bothering you guys with such an OT topic.

Try to install javasvn and check if it solves your problem, if not
consult the subclipse mailing list archives, the question of getting
subclipse up and running on non windows osses comes up regularily.

Re: [OT] svn w/ eclipse (3.1 and 3.0.2) on linux

Posted by Grant Smith <gr...@marathon-man.com>.
Also bear in mind that SVN access is currently down (the infrastructure
guys are upgrading)

Use this link to see when it comes back to life:

http://monitoring.apache.org/status/

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.

Posted by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com>.
I work with eclipse/subclipse. Today I've updated to the last eclipse
version (3.1) and subclipse 0.9.3.3 everything is working (at the
moment...). I had some problems in the past when with subclipse
0.9.3.1 which could be solved using the 0.9.3.0 version (I have it, if
you want I can send it)...

Regards,

Bruno