Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Mara <mc...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/04 04:57:22 UTC

[users@httpd] Splitting access log files

Hi,

I have an apache server running on an AS400.

Currently the access logs are split into monthly files which is perfect
except for
the fact that size of the file is now exceding a max limit.  This max limit
cannot
be changed and I really don't want to go to daily logging.

I don't want to change the logs really, just separate them so that internal
traffic
on an 192.168.x.x address is moved to a separate log.

The default naming convention of the log files is in the format:
  access_log.Q108060000

So I would like to split into two logs for each month

  access_log.access_log.Q108060000
  access_log_int.Q108060000

It looks like I need to use a SetEnvIf and a CustomLog command in the config
file but I am lacking the knowledge of how to put it all together in the
correct
commands.

Any help appreciated.

Mara