Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by sachin singhal <sa...@yahoo.com> on 2005/08/12 06:06:14 UTC

Differences b/w Axis 1.2.1 and Axis 2

Hi Geniuses,

I'm new to Axis and web services.
Just trying my hands on to develop some simple
services and POC's.

I was just trying to download and install Axis. On the
Apache website there are 2 versions of Axis available
- Apache Axis2 Version 0.9 and Axis 1.2.1.

I tried to go thru the differences b/w them but Im not
clear as to which one should I go with.

Can somebody tell me the differences b/w the 2
versions and which one is the current standard for
working on web services.

Thanks in advance,
Sachin Singhal

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

Re: Differences b/w Axis 1.2.1 and Axis 2

Posted by Venkat Reddy <vr...@gmail.com>.
If you are new to webservices, please use Axis 1.2.1 and keep looking
at axis-user forum for information. You can also post your questions
in axis-user. Axis2 is currently under active development with new
features and design.

- venkat