Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by S Ahmed <sa...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/30 21:01:20 UTC

firehose questions on codebase

1. does the github repo get updated frequeuent?  I'm following the dev list
and don't see the commited patches (i'm assuming they get committed)
https://github.com/apache/kafka/commits/trunk

2. what is ISR stand for?

3. what is the highwatermark referring to?  is it that file that gets
written to disk?  Does it contain the highest offset value?

thanks!

Re: firehose questions on codebase

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.
Most commits these days are on the 0.8 branch.

For 2 and 3, I am writing a blog on Kafka replication and it should answer
your questions. Will send out the link.

Thanks,

Jun