Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Cristina Cioroboiu <cr...@yahoo.com> on 2004/06/08 14:25:21 UTC

about bug23226

Hello again.

About 2 months ago I have a problem with bug 23226:
"DOMWriter doesn't escape newlines when serializing attribute values".

Alberto Massari told me how to modify gEscapeChars inside framework/XMLFormatter.cpp and fix the bug. (Thanks Alberto!)

My new problem is this:

 I send a text file to an application.This file was an output for some xml transfomations,
but the final application don't accept the file because is not well formatted.

I discovered that it needs &#xD;&#xA; but after my transfomations &#xA; is ignored ok, but &#xD not . It is evaluated and a space appear in the file instead of  &#xD;.

These &#xD;&#xA; appear in attributes values.

Can you help me? I understand from here that

static const XMLCh
gEscapeChars[XMLFormatter::EscapeFlags_Count][kEscapeCount] =
{
         { chNull      , chNull       , chNull        , chNull       ,
chNull        , chNull }
     ,   { chAmpersand , chCloseAngle , chDoubleQuote , chOpenAngle  ,
chSingleQuote , chNull }
     ,   { chAmpersand , chOpenAngle  , chDoubleQuote , chLF         ,
chNull        , chNull }
     ,   { chAmpersand , chOpenAngle  , chCloseAngle  , chNull       ,
chNull        , chNull }
};

doesn't specify  new line to be ignored.

Thanks, Cristina.