Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Mike Drob <md...@mdrob.com> on 2012/11/29 04:11:21 UTC

Push limit into custom LoadFunc

Hello,

According to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-1270 the execution
engine can push limit operations into loads. If I am writing a custom
LoadFunc in Java, what do I need to implement in order to take advantage of
this optimization, or does the pipeline handle it for me automatically?

Thanks,
Mike

Re: Push limit into custom LoadFunc

Posted by Dmitriy Ryaboy <dv...@gmail.com>.
Mike, it's done automatically -- the operator will just stop asking
the loader for more elements.
If you observe something to the contrary, please let us know!