Posted to user@shale.apache.org by Mario Buonopane <go...@tiscali.it> on 2008/05/30 11:48:39 UTC

Where is Shale1.1.0?

Hi, one year agò i download the shale version 1.1.0-SNAPSHOT-20070626.
Now i can't find any version 1.1.X from the shale site. Any body cna
help me?

Thanks in advance
Mario

Re: Where is Shale1.1.0?

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.
Greg,
My understanding is Shale v1.0.x and v1.1.x works with JSF 1.x.  Their
may be components that are JSF version specific, but this is the exception.

Paul Spencer

Re: Where is Shale1.1.0?

Posted by Greg Reddin <gr...@gmail.com>.

Re: Where is Shale1.1.0?

Posted by Mario Buonopane <go...@tiscali.it>.

Re: Where is Shale1.1.0?

Posted by Greg Reddin <gr...@gmail.com>.

Re: Where is Shale1.1.0?

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 10:31 AM, Mario Buonopane <go...@tiscali.it> wrote:
> What happen to all fix listed here for version 1.1.0?
> https://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/SHALE/fixforversion/21780

All those fixes are committed to the 1.1.x trunk, which you can check
out of Subversion at this url:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shale/framework/trunk/

There's a bit more involved in building it (parent poms, snapshot
repositories) so as I mentioned, hop on the dev list if you'd like to
get more involved and help with it.

--
Wendy

Re: Where is Shale1.1.0?

Posted by Mario Buonopane <go...@tiscali.it>.
Mario Buonopane ha scritto:
> Greg Reddin ha scritto:
>> On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 4:48 AM, Mario Buonopane <go...@tiscali.it>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi, one year agò i download the shale version 1.1.0-SNAPSHOT-20070626.
>>> Now i can't find any version 1.1.X from the shale site. Any body cna
>>> help
>>> me?
>>>

>> We're sort of in a state of disrepair right now. Do you know where you
>> downloaded it from? I can't find it in any of the usual places now. It
>> won't be in the nightly build area because the 1.1.0 branch won't
>> build.
>>

> I downloaded one year agò...i don't remember where (i suppose in
> nightly build) but i remember that  the first version after 1.0.4 was
> 1.1.x.
>> If you want the latest release version you can download 1.0.4 here:
>>
>>     http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/shale/
>>
>> If you want something newer than that you can check out the source for
>> 1.0.5 and build it (we're working on a 1.0.5 release). The svn
>> location for 1.0.5 is:
>>
>>     svn co
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shale/framework/branches/SHALE_1_0_X/
>>
>> If you really need 1.1.0 the news is not good right now. As soon as
>> the 1.0.5 release is done I'm planning to start looking at 1.1.0 and
>> getting it working. In the meantime you're welcome to check out the
>> source and give it a try yourself:
>>
>>     svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shale/framework/trunk/
>>

> I don't understand why you are working now on version 1.0.5 and one
> year agò on 1.1.0! If  you go in project summary you talk about
> version 1.1.0!
>
>> Does that help? Sorry for the mess.
>>
> No, sorry but your response does not help me because at the moment i
> don't know if 1.0.4 has same fix of my version. I remember that when i
> downloaded a snapshot version was because the stable version didn't
> work well.
> I don't know waht to do know...
>> Greg
>>

> Mario

What happen to all fix listed here for version 1.1.0?
https://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/SHALE/fixforversion/21780

M.

Re: Where is Shale1.1.0?

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 10:20 AM, Mario Buonopane <go...@tiscali.it> wrote:

> I don't understand why you are working now on version 1.0.5 and one year agò
> on 1.1.0! If  you go in project summary you talk about version 1.1.0!

Because 1.0.x _also_ has fixes that people need and have been waiting
for a while, and there aren't a lot of people interested in working on
Shale right now.  Greg has decided to spend his volunteer time on a
1.0.5 release, first.

> No, sorry but your response does not help me because at the moment i don't
> know if 1.0.4 has same fix of my version. I remember that when i downloaded
> a snapshot version was because the stable version didn't work well.
> I don't know waht to do know...

Is there a JIRA issue for the fix you need?  If so it should have a
'fix-for' version and between the comments and the svn commit logs we
should be able to tell when and where (trunk or branch) it was fixed.

If you don't want to go digging in JIRA and Subversion, download the
latest release, and test it.  If it does not work for you, try a
snapshot of 1.0.5 and determine whether the fix is in there.

If that doesn't work, you can either wait for someone to work on the
1.1.x build, or check out the source code and see if you can help fix
it.

If you decide to try snapshots and/or building Shale yourself, please
come join us on the dev list.  See:
http://shale.apache.org/mail-lists.html

--
Wendy

Re: Where is Shale1.1.0?

Posted by Mario Buonopane <go...@tiscali.it>.
Greg Reddin ha scritto:
> On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 4:48 AM, Mario Buonopane <go...@tiscali.it> wrote:
>
>> Hi, one year agò i download the shale version 1.1.0-SNAPSHOT-20070626.
>> Now i can't find any version 1.1.X from the shale site. Any body cna help
>> me?
>>

> We're sort of in a state of disrepair right now. Do you know where you
> downloaded it from? I can't find it in any of the usual places now. It
> won't be in the nightly build area because the 1.1.0 branch won't
> build.

I downloaded one year agò...i don't remember where (i suppose in nightly
build) but i remember that  the first version after 1.0.4 was 1.1.x.
> If you want the latest release version you can download 1.0.4 here:
>
>     http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/shale/
>
> If you want something newer than that you can check out the source for
> 1.0.5 and build it (we're working on a 1.0.5 release). The svn
> location for 1.0.5 is:
>
>     svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shale/framework/branches/SHALE_1_0_X/
>
> If you really need 1.1.0 the news is not good right now. As soon as
> the 1.0.5 release is done I'm planning to start looking at 1.1.0 and
> getting it working. In the meantime you're welcome to check out the
> source and give it a try yourself:
>
>     svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/shale/framework/trunk/

I don't understand why you are working now on version 1.0.5 and one year
agò on 1.1.0! If  you go in project summary you talk about version 1.1.0!

> Does that help? Sorry for the mess.

No, sorry but your response does not help me because at the moment i
don't know if 1.0.4 has same fix of my version. I remember that when i
downloaded a snapshot version was because the stable version didn't work
well.
I don't know waht to do know...
> Greg

Mario