Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Fr...@capgroup.com on 2008/04/03 19:48:43 UTC

comments about DataCacheStoreManager.transformToVersionSafePCDatas()

The DataCacheStoreManager.transformToVersionSafePCDatas()  line 261. This
method should call either cache.containsAll() or cache.getAll(). The
current implementation makes one call to the cache for each element in the
collection.

The AbstractDataCache.putAllInternal() method suffers from the same issues.
This is OK becuase it can be overwritten in a plugin. But I am thinking
that maybe someone from the openjpa developer community might want to fix
that in there too. That way the base class could actually be used as a base
class to write other L2 cache plugins.

Re: comments about DataCacheStoreManager.transformToVersionSafePCDatas()

Posted by Patrick Linskey <pl...@gmail.com>.
>  The DataCacheStoreManager.transformToVersionSafePCDatas()  line 261. This
>  method should call either cache.containsAll() or cache.getAll(). The
>  current implementation makes one call to the cache for each element in the
>  collection.

It would be easier to refactor this if DataCache.getAll() took a
Collection as an argument instead of a List. I know that DataCache is
implemented separately at IBM; how is that done? I'm wondering what
the impact of changing the signature of getAll() would be.

-Patrick

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 10:48 AM,  <Fr...@capgroup.com> wrote:

>  The DataCacheStoreManager.transformToVersionSafePCDatas()  line 261. This
>  method should call either cache.containsAll() or cache.getAll(). The
>  current implementation makes one call to the cache for each element in the
>  collection.
>

>  The AbstractDataCache.putAllInternal() method suffers from the same issues.
>  This is OK becuase it can be overwritten in a plugin. But I am thinking
>  that maybe someone from the openjpa developer community might want to fix
>  that in there too. That way the base class could actually be used as a base
>  class to write other L2 cache plugins.

Patrick Linskey
202 669 5907

Re: comments about DataCacheStoreManager.transformToVersionSafePCDatas()

Posted by Patrick Linskey <pl...@gmail.com>.
I added OPENJPA-556 to track this. I just submitted a change to the
queue; assuming it makes it through the regression tests, the next
snapshot build should have the change.